SACC Site Lead
Provide a nurturing environment for the supervision of children in after school care in accordance with the Comal ISD calendar and all day care (summer care) when needed. Please note: hours are from 12:30 – 6:30 with monthly Friday morning meetings.
Education / Certification:
- HS Diploma / GED
- Licensed child care professional preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates
- Experience using a personal computer with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Obtaining teaching certification or qualifying past child care experience.
- Daycare management experience is preferred.
- General Arrive at the childcare site at the designated time each day.
- Remain at the childcare site until the last child is gone and the childcare area has been put in order according to expectations.
- Maintain an orderly physical environment conducive to optimal growth and development of children.
- Work under the supervision of the campus office in any duties assigned from 12:30 – 2:00.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times, represent SACC and the district in a positive manner.
- Plan and conduct daily activities for the children in the program that contribute to their care, growth and development.
- Prepare materials required to implement the daily activities.
- Manage the distribution and collection of games and materials used in activities.
- Submit requests for needed supplies and equipment to the Community Education Senior Associate.
- Work with the Community Education Director to schedule resource people who will provide special programs and /or field trips.
- Keep daily attendance and afternoon child release records and convey information to the Community Education Director.
- Report absences of staff in accordance with policy and assist the Community Education Director in scheduling additional staff when needed in accordance with the required staff/child ratio.
- Collect fees and verify late payments to the designated bookkeeper.
- Follow the monthly activity calendar and submit additional activities to SACC Supervisor for approval.
- Plan, supervise, service and record an afternoon snack.
- Assist the Community Education Director in keeping current, orderly and complete files of required child/staff records and the supporting site book.
- Assist the Community Education Director in keeping all required postings current.
- Encourage and facilitate ongoing communication between staff and parents
- Follow the program’s discipline policy and report persistent behavior problems to the SACC Supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with the SACC Supervisor and staff.
- Communicate with campus staff as needed regarding student illness, attendance, and discipline issues.
- Be present with the children at all times during program hours except in the case of an emergency.
- Follow school procedures to safeguard the health and safety of the children in the program, which include but are not limited to hand washing, sanitary measures, playground safety rules, rules regarding the use of supplies and equipment.
- Become knowledgeable of the school’s emergency procedures. Other duties as assigned by Director.
- Supervise childcare aides and volunteers assigned to assist with activities.
- Participate in the evaluation of staff supervised.