Bulverde National Night Out a Huge Success
The Bulverde Police Department is amazed each year how the community comes together for National Night Out. This past October was no different. The National Night Out Program is a law enforcement and community building campaign. It provides an opportunity for neighbors to get to know each other and for law enforcement to build relationships with the residents in the community.
Each year the Bulverde Police Department submits their results to the National Association of Town Watch. For 2022, they were awarded the 3rd best in Texas and 4th in the Nation!!!
- 37 Host families with 19 first time Hosts
- About 1,100 total attendees at all events – reflects an 38% increase from 2021 and represents 18% of Bulverde’s population
- 18 Subdivisions participated
- Garnered 8 new sponsors in 2022 – business community is very supportive of Bulverde Police Department, and they appreciate it
- Agencies that participate regularly are:
- Homeland Security
- Border Patrol
- Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Comal County representatives
- Bulverde-Spring Branch Fire/EMS
The Bulverde Police Department is already planning for the October 3, 2023 event. How can you help or get involved in the community wide event? Talk with Debbie Lisso, Administrative Assistant, at the Police Department – (830) 438-3612.
- Host a party in your neighborhood – Bulverde and surrounding area.
- Become a sponsor for the 2023 National Night Out Event
- Provide a door prize for drawings at the Senior Luncheon at the Activity Center and our Host/Sponsor Appreciation Dinner.
- Every single penny they receive from the Sponsors goes right back into the community – pays to support the above 2 noted events, as well as pay for the door prizes
Pictures from the Host/Sponsor Party