Comal ISD students advance to state and national FFA competitions
Comal ISD students qualified for state competitions in various career and leadership development events this spring through FFA. These students were recognized at the Board of Trustees meeting on Thursday for their achievements.
This year, two Comal ISD teams qualified for the national competition in their category. These teams include the Wool team from Canyon High School which placed third at the state competition and the Marketing Plan team from Canyon Lake High School which placed first at the state competition.
Members of the national-qualifying Wool team from CHS include Lauren Albracht, who placed third in the state for individual points, Marshall Ehlers, Carlie Kelso and Makayla Miller.
Members of the national-qualifying Marketing Plan team from CLHS include Dean Platt, Victoria Smelley and Addison Smotherman.
A complete list of FFA CDE teams which qualified for state competition are listed here by category.
- Agronomy from CHS placed 13th at state: Abigail Cloe, Helen Miner, Isabella Porth and Ray Allen Schaefer.
- Ag Sales from CLHS placed 23rd at state: Katelynn Fields, Shelby Pogue, Carson Reinarz and Dylan Wunderlich.
- Applied Ag Engineering from SVHS placed eighth at state: Reagan Ackermann, James Evans, Kole Hedemann and Jayden VanAusdall.
- Dairy Cattle from CLHS placed second at state: Krissie Feller, Eli Hammons, Autumn Stage and Keira Smith.
- Farm and Business Management from Smithson Valley High School placed 20th at state: Camden Posey, Alora Snowden and Maryn Tschoepe.
- Food Science from CHS placed 12th at state: Bradlee Bechtol, Hudson Hege, Cassidy Henderson and Peyton Wirebaugh.
- Forages from CLHS placed seventh at state: Reagan Ackermann, Weston Ackermann, Emma Slater and Rylee Wunderlich.
- Livestock team from CHS placed first in area and 19th at state: Kylar Hutchison, who placed fourth in the state for individual points, Gracen Senterfitt, Addison Wiley and Brooklyn Wiley, who placed ninth in state for individual points.
- Livestock from CLHS placed sixth at state: Layton Hemann, Mackenzy Sweet, Dylan Wunderlich and Rylee Wunderlich.
- Milk Quality & Products from CHS placed sixth at area and 17 at state: Reagan Hudnall, Weston Kelso, Haley Mabe and Peyton Wirebaugh, who placed third in the state for individual points.
- Milk Quality and Products from SVHS placed second at state: Abigail Permenter, who placed fourth in state for individual points out of 237, Claire Schaeferkoeter, who placed 13th individually, Alora Snowden, who placed 30th individually, and Kennedy Surratt, who placed 23rd individually.
- Vet Tech from SVHS placed 25th at state: Camila Alvarado, Kori Calcagno, Maryn Tschoepe and Jacy White, who placed fifth individually out of 317.
- Wool from SVHS placed 15th at state: Kori Calcagno, Reagan Dreibrodt, Shelby Leonard and Ingrid Magadance.
ComalISDFFAStateQualifiers2023.jpeg – Students from Canyon High, Canyon Lake High and Smithson Valley High who qualified for state competitions in FFA events this spring were recognized by the Comal ISD Board of Trustees on June 22.